Thursday 4th February
10.30am – 1pm
Kent’s Creative Future: The Next Decade…
Join other Margate and Thanet-based practitioners and cultural leaders for a conversation about our future. The current Cultural Strategy 2010-2015 is now coming to an end, and during that time there have been a number of key successes including:
- The cultural and economic impact of Turner Contemporary, and the relocation to Kent of other renowned arts organisations such as Jasmin Vardimon Company.
- The development of a number of new fit for purpose creative workspaces providing opportunities for growth and employment.
- Grass roots development of cultural champions and leaders through Ideas Test.
- The launch of ART31, a youth arts movement; and a strong co-ordinated offer of cultural entitlement for children and young people.
What happens next is up to you…
- How can we continue to attract more people and creative businesses into Kent?
- What challenges do artists and creative businesses face? What support do they need?
- How do we enable more young people to take control of their creative future?
- What changes and/or developments should we prioritise over the next ten years, and ultimately, what will success look like?